Borrowing of library items subject to library membership.
Number of borrowed items:
5 documents per reader.
- BME foreign student: 10 documents,
- BME foreign doctoral student: 15 documents,
- General information on borrowing:
- Stack requests can be submitted between 8 am and 7.40 pm by completing the online form on one of the library’s computers and specifying the time of pick-up (now, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 2 hours). Pick-up location: central circulation desk.
- Reading room items can be borrowed between 9 am and 7.40 pm at the service point of the given reading room. (When the reading room is closed, requests can be submitted by completing the online form.)
- Off-site stack requests can be submitted between 8 am and 7.40 pm by completing the online form on one of the library’s computers. Documents can be picked up after 3 pm the next working day at the central circulation desk.
2 or 4 weeks. For more information check the item description in the catalogue.
Loan period extension
Loan periods can be extended 5 times:
- by logging into the online catalogue
- by phone: 463-1152, 463-1790
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- in person at the circulation desks.
Overdue items, overdue fees
Our library charges the following fees for overdue items: HUF 35/working day/item. We shall notify our readers about overdue items first by e-mail, then twice by post. A borrowed item shall be deemed lost, if the reader fails to return it within 60 days from the expiry of the loan period or fails to extend the loan period.
When is it not possible to extend the loan period?
- the maximum number of renewals has reached 5,
- the borrowed item has been reserved by another reader,
- the reader has unpaid fees exceeding HUF 500 (for BME students HUF 5000),
- there is a legal procedure by the library against the reader,
- the reader's card expiry date is close,
- the BME student will graduate within 30 days.
Where can I return borrowed items?
Items can be returned at the central circulation desk, reading room items can be returned at the reading room where they were borrowed (if closed, at the central circulation desk), or at the Lágymányos Library.
Lágymányos Library – loans and returns service point
- borrowing of reserved items. Opening hours: Tuesdays, between noon and 2 pm
- return of borrowed items. Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Friday 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
Address: Magyar Tudósok boulvard 2., Building I B 023
Damaged or lost items
Damaged or lost items can be replaced with an identical copy or with a newer edition. If a document is no longer available commercially, the reader could be replace that with the other work of the author or its value must be reimbursed: the sum to be paid is the estimated value plus double the estimated value, but a minimum of HUF 6,000. For minor damages the cost of repair will be charged by the library.
Lost items must be reported in person at the service points or by e-mail. The library informs the reader by e-mail about the value of the lost item that is to be paid within one month from the date of this e-mail. The item shall be considered as loaned to the reader until the payment is completed. It is the reader’s responsibility to extend the loan period.