Borrowing of library items subject to library membership.
How many documents can I borrow?
A reader can borrow 5 documents at a time.
- BME foreign student and employee: 10 documents
- BME foreign doctoral student: 15 documents
- BME lecturer and external lecturer: 50 documents,
- Stack requests can be submitted between 8 am and 7.40 pm by filling the online form on one of the library’s computers and giving the time of pick-up (now, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 2 hours). Pick-up location: central circulation desk.
2 or 4 weeks. For more information check the item description in the catalogue.
When the loan period expires, the documents shall be returned or renewed. In case of exceeding the loan period, our library charges 35 HUF per working day for each document.
Loan period renewal
Loan periods can be extended 5 times:
Overdue items, overdue fees
Our library charges the following fees for overdue items: HUF 35/working day/item. We shall notify our readers about overdue items first by e-mail and post for the second time. A borrowed item shall be deemed lost, if the reader fails to return it within 60 days from the expiry of the loan period or fails to extend the loan period.
When is it not possible to extend the loan period?
- the maximum number of renewals has reached 5 times,
- the borrowed item has been reserved by another reader,
- the reader has unpaid fees exceeding HUF 500 (for BME students HUF 5000),
- there is a legal procedure by the library against the reader,
- the library card is about to expire,
- the BME student will graduate within 30 days.
First, we send a notification about the overdue item by e-mail, then a letter post to the address of the reader for two times.
Notifications for BME students
The library sends a notification about the overdue item in the Neptune system 3 days before the expiration date.
Where can I return borrowed items?
Items can be returned at the central circulation desk, reading room items can be returned at the reading room where they were borrowed (if closed, at the central circulation desk).
Damaged or lost items
Damaged or lost items can be replaced by an identical copy or with a newer edition. If a document is no longer available commercially, the reader should replace that with another book of the author, or its value must be reimbursed: the sum to be paid is the estimated value plus double the estimated value, but a minimum of HUF 6,000. For minor damages the cost of repair will be charged by the library.
If the loan period exceeds 60 days, the item on loan will be declared lost by the library. The patron bears the cost of the lost item as a compensation.
Lost items must be reported in person at the service points or by e-mail. The library informs the reader by e-mail about the value of the lost item that is to be paid within one month starting from the date of this e-mail. The item is considered to be on loan until the reader pays the fee. It is the reader’s responsibility to extend the loan period.